Saturday, December 1, 2007

HPV: Human Papillomavirus

Wednesday, November 28, I spoke with Fred Nakamura, M.D. about trends with the student health center. Here is my interview...





Q: What is a trend you see among students here at CSULB?
A: HPV is a growing problem on this campus and in the nation. We have someone at the health center that only works with students infected with HPV and she has time for nothing else.

Q: What is HPV?
A: It stands for Human papillomavirus. It is very common STD among women especially. By age 50, atleast 80 percent of women will have acquired genital HPV infection. The worst part is that most people infected, don't even know that they are infected.

Q: What are the symptoms?
A: There are usually no symptoms, but some people get genital warts. There is good news though, in most cases, especially for women under the age of 20, the symptoms and infection will clear on their own.

Q: Is there a cure?
A: No. It does go away on its own in most women, but there are treatments provided for the visible symptoms of HPV, like the genital warts.

Q: Is there anything else you would like to add?
A: Well, as a doctor here, I see that each generation has its new disease or virus. Every ten years a trend develops with one particular STD or virus, as a precaution, students should practice abstinence/safe-sex.

1 comment:

Ethan Williamson said...

I am from USA. I was suffering from HEPATITIS B for over 3 years, i was hopeless until one of my friend directed me to a herbal DR. Dr Chike on youtube, she said the Dr has herbal medicine that treat HEPATITIS B also said the Dr has helped people with. HERPES, CANCER, DIABETES, HPV, HERPES, HSV 1 .2, Fever, Fibromyalgia, Fatigue and chronic pains. I never believed her but after a lot of talk. I decided to contact him, just few days ago i contacted him and he told me what to do which i did and he sent to me a herbal medicine via {DHL} with prescriptions on how i will take it for a period of days. After i finished taking the medicine for 2 weeks he told me to go for a test which i also did and when the result came out i was surprised to see that i am negative. I am proud to tell you that I am the happiest person on earth. Big thanks to Dr Chike herbs .. I pray you find a solution in him. For more information on how to get treated Contact Dr on, text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982 WhatsApp : +233502715551, or Facebook page, @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.